ONLY AVAILABLE IN CANADA
The ABM system, Medium Flex Bars, allows a more dynamic handling while maintaining a high level of self-stability.
Finally a compact ABM Miniplane frame for light pilots!
WHAT IS NEW ON 2015/16 MINIPLANE :
A resized geometry makes the machine more aerodynamic and (is it possible ?) better equilibrium on the ground and in flight.
The main body of the frame is designed as a closed box, very strong and rigid.
The low part of the frame is separate, in case of a crash, that part work as a fuse, it's very easy and cheaper than changing the entire frame.
The back side of the low part is simply made with 2 sticks, the same of the side sticks, (so there are 6 in each frame). This solution gives a good stability and it is very easy to dismount for transport. It is possible to remove 1 and use as a spare side stick.
The width is 4 cm less than old frame, and the ABM arms are also 4 cm closest, so the seating is more comfortable to small pilots; bigger pilots also have benefits in handling, or they can use a spacer in case they need a wider size.
Design and development:
The Top 80 was developed specifically for the Per Il Volo Miniplane, which was introduced in 1989.
The engine uses fan-cooling and a Walbro 24 diaphragm or Dell'Orto 17.5 basin-type carburetor. Designed for lightweight as the overall consideration, the engine weighs 10 kg (22.0 lb), plus the exhaust system weight of 2.6 kg (5.7 lb). With the Walbro carburetor, the Top 80 produces 11 kW (14.8 hp) at 9500 rpm. Power is delivered to the two-bladed wooden propeller through a reverse-turning gearbox to reduce output net torque felt by the pilot during acceleration and deceleration. The oil filled gearbox can be fitted with 22/70 gears giving a reduction ratio of 3:182, 21/71 gears giving 3.381, 20/72 gears giving 3.60, 19/73 gears giving 3.842 or 18/74 gears with a ratio of 4.111. The engine also fits a centrifugal clutch that allows idling without turning the propeller, a useful feature in its main application on a paramotor, where it improves ground safety.
Specifications (Top 80):
General characteristics (motor only):
- Type: single cylinder, two-stroke aircraft engine
- Bore: 47.7 mm (1.878 in)
- Stroke: 44 mm (1.73 in)
- Displacement: 80cc (4.88 cu in)
- Length: 24 cm (9.45 in)
- Width: 28 cm (11.02 in)
- Height: 29 cm (11.42 in)
- Dry weight: 10 kg (22.0 lb), plus the exhaust system 2.6 kg (5.7 lb)
- Valvetrain: piston ported
- Fuel system: Walbro 24 diaphragm or Dell'Orto 17.5 basin-type carburetor
- Fuel type: auto fuel
- Oil system: premixed oil and fuel
- Cooling system: fan forced air
- Reduction gear: oil filled gearbox, reduction ratios of 3:182, 3.381, 3.60, 3.842 and 4.111 available
- Power output: 11 kW (14.8 hp) at 9500 rpm with Walbro carburetor, 10 kW (13.4 hp) at 9300 rpm with Dell'Orto carburetor
- Power-to-weight ratio: 1:1
Data Sheet (Motor and Frame):
- Power: 14.8HP
- Displacement: 80cc
- Optimal RPM: 9500 RPM
- Weight: 39 lbs
- Maximum pilot weight: 220 lbs
- Consumption: 3 L/h
- Cooling: forced air
- Clutch type: centrifuge in oil
- Starter: manual standard
- Carburetor: diaphragm ou float (option)
- Oil mix: 1.5%
Item comes from Canada and can only be sold and shipped in Canada.