Understanding the Sky will help you unlock the potential of every flying day.
- A classic – a bestseller when it was first published
- One of the first books written by a pilot for other pilots
- Written by Dennis Pagen, one the USA's longest-serving pro hang glider pilots
- Explains complex meteorology in plain English, with the aim of helping you fly further
- Easy to understand text and illustrations
As cross country pilots, observation and analysis of the ever-changing conditions is crucial if we are to stay in the air and maximise our distances.
Dennis Pagen's Understanding the Sky covers the macro-scale meteorological phenomena, from pressure systems to the Jet Stream, and also focuses in on the micro-met of everything from thermal formation to wave lift.
Read this and you will not only be well on your way to becoming a weather guru, the knowledge inside will help you fly further too.
Item comes from Canada.
Please note that orders may be subject to duties, fees or taxes levied by the destination country and/or shipping company. ParAddix is not responsible for these additional charges. To find out what the possible fees are, please contact the local postal service or customs agency.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.